Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas

It's Christmas Eve tonight and as usual there is candle night service at my church. But this year, its the opposite of the usual Christmas eve service. Why do you ask? I've been so use to having my parents together at the service and I would go to church and see many familiar faces. But this year is different because my parents and I no longer goes to the same church as me. The same church that we been to for my last 30+ years of my life. This year, my parents went to a different church for Christmas eve service, because just several months ago, my dad the senior pastor of the church that I had known for the last 20+ years had decide to resign from his positions. Since then, my family has never been the same.

What is the meaning of Christmas? Beside the celebration of the birth of Jesus Christ. Christmas also means that family would use this time to come together and spend time together. Unfortunately, the last several months, I can count the number of times that our family is together. I miss the old days of having the same family in the same church.

I pray that God will use this moment to make me stronger during my time of alone and missing families around me.

Dear heavenly father, I thank you for everything that you have provide me. I continue to ask for your guidance in helping me how to find the right church for me. I ask that you would provide the job that you have intent for me. Amen.

No comments: