Sunday, January 18, 2009

Some of you might know that a lot of things had happen to my family and my usual surroundings in the last 7 months. During those months, I had contemplated of going to different churches and making a lot of changes in my life. I finally decided during the months after I came back from my family vacation that I would try to go to different church at the beginning of the year. Since I haven't really told anyone of totally leaving SWCBC. I decide to start going to another church when it's a combine worship.

This Sunday was the 1st Sunday that I'm able to do that. So, I went to FBCC with Janet. I was a bit nervous because I didn't know what to expect. When I got there this morning, I wasn't as nervous maybe it's because I had someone that I know sitting next to me, or keeping me company. I think that I'll try to continue to go back to FBCC for the next several weeks. They will have their combine service with the Youths.

After worship, Janet would introduce me to her friends and saw some of the people that I used to see when I was attending their Woman's Bible Study. It was nice to see them again, along with others. Since she was leaving for Toronto in 2 weeks,a lot of people at church would stop her and talk to her.

When we were eating lunch, Janet made a comment that "I don't think that you'll ever stop going to your church". I guess that I was just somehow surprise that she had made that comment. Was it true? Why does she think so? Why am I so afraid to make any kind of changes to my life right now. Am I truly happy at where my life is at now? Maybe Janet is right? I don't even know what I want? I'm just so used to my routine right now. I believe that everything happen for a reason. There has to be a reason why everything happen and now, I'm able to make whatever decisions that I want as far as picking which church to go to. Before, I had to go where my dad was the pastoring. Now, that he's no longer the pastor of that church, I can go freely wherever, but yet I find it very hard. Maybe it's because I've been so routine to the same church for the past 20+ years, all of a sudden, I have the opportunity to go, and I don't know how because I've accustomed to the few friends that I had.

Dear God, I ask that you'll give me guidance as what I should do with picking which church to go to? I'm really lost and confuse on what I want to do. I ask for your help.

No comments: